RD&T offers a comprehensive package of services that cover design to testing of commercial (retail), professional (catering) and domestic refrigerators. We can perform tests on all types of refrigerated cabinets / refrigerated cases / commercial refrigerated display merchandisers / storage cabinets / domestic refrigerators.
Commercial refrigerator testing
RD&T can provide testing to the following standards:
ISO 23953: Refrigerated display cabinets.
AS 1731: Refrigerated display cabinets.
ANSI/ASHRAE 72: Methods of testing open and closes commercial refrigerators and freezers.
ANSI/ASHRAE 1200: Performance rating of commercial refrigerated display merchandisers and storage cabinets.
- EN 16902: Commercial beverage coolers - Classification, requirements and test conditions.
Ice cream freezers
- BS EN 16901: Ice-cream freezers - Classification, requirements and test conditions
- EN 16838: Refrigerated display scooping cabinets for gelato - Classification, requirements and test conditions.
- BS EN 50597: Energy Consumption of Vending Machines
Professional refrigerator testing
BS EN ISO 22041:2019+A1:2019:Refrigerated storage cabinets and counters for professional use. Performance and energy consumption
BS EN 17032:2018+A1:2019: Blast chillers and freezers cabinets for professional use – Classification, requirements and test conditions
Both retail display and commercial service cabinets can be tested for ETL compliance. Details of the ETL can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/energy-technology-list.
Domestic refrigerator testing
- BS EN 62552:2020: Household refrigerating appliances - Characteristics and test methods
IEC 62552:2015+AMD2020: Household refrigerating appliances - Characteristics and test methods
Other related services
- Refrigerant performance testing
- Conversion to environmentally friendly refrigerants
- Hydrocarbon conversion - safety and optimisation (e.g. to: EN 60335-2-89:2011-11)
- Cabinet development/optimisation
- Bespoke tests
- Witness testing - independent witness test at a manufacturers' facility
“They know the test standards better than any other test house I have spoken to. Costs are always an issue for manufacturers of our products but the costs are fair for the services and expertise offered”
- Steve Goldsmith, Precision Refrigeration
RD&T has facilities to test all sizes of cabinets from the smallest domestic unit to large retail display cabinets.
Remote cabinets can be tested on a range of refrigerants.
RD&T personnel have developed extensive experience over a 20 year period. During this time they have helped a Worldwide customer base to develop cabinets. Accreditation and performance benchmarking are becoming increasingly important due to the Energy Related Products Directive which will prevent products that do not meet certain MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standards) being sold into Europe.
For further information on RD&T testing services please contact: Judith Evans.
Information for customers regarding the testing process can be downloaded from the following link: Testing information for customers.